After signing the deal, Bharti and Wal-Mart Stores Inc have also unveiled the initial retail plans for their joint venture.
- Bharti – Wal-Mart to have equal stake in the company.
- Bharti group will lead and manage the front end operations. Wal-Mart will power the logistics and back end operations.
- Bharti has committed an imemdiate investment of $100 Million
- Bharti-WalMart venture will start hiring for retail operations this week.
- First store to be opened on 15th of August 2007.
- Bharti-Walmart to have Hypermarts and Neighbourhood stores [Just like the Reliance group]
- Bharti will very soon engage in talks with major real estate developers across India for store space.
- Wal-mart to get 3% royalty for their brand name [Unconfirmed]
Stay tuned for more developments about Retail India.