Croma – Tata groups arm for retail consumer electronics went live in Juhu Mumbai yesterday. We were the first one to uncover the story because of our associate shareholding in Woolworth.
Croma – Juhu store was inaugurated by Tata group chairman Ratan Tata. The store is 20,000 sft and stocks more than 8,000 products across the following 8 categories.
- Home entertainment – CTVs, Music systems, VCD and DVD players, etc.
- Small appliances – Kitchen and domestic appliances
- White goods – ACs, refrigerators, microwaves, washing machines, dishwashers etc.
- Computers and peripherals – Desktops, laptops, blank media, cables, accessories, software, etc.
- Communication – Mobile phones and accessories, telephones, SIM cards, recharge cards, etc.
- Music – CD’s, VCD’s, DVD’s.
- Imaging -— Handycams, digital cameras, etc.
- Gaming software
A store as big as Croma was very essential as many short sighted Indian businessmen were just launching Mobile Retail stores like Mobile NXT, Mobile Magic, Converge M and M Bazaar.