Here is a presentation from Reliance Industries Ltd [RIL] on Reliance Retail.
- Fully integrated business model to add tremendous value to the Indian consumer in multiple formats on a pan-India basis.
- Investment of Rs 25,000 crore envisaged over the next few years – RIL could invest Rs 10,000 crore in the equity capital of Reliance Retail
- First store launched in Hyderabad in Nov 06 – over 300 stores covering more than 30 towns and cities in 12 States
- Successful execution of sourcing, processing and retailing in 6 months – established 108 collection centers in 16 states
- RelianceOne Loyalty – 1.5 million customers sign-up
Source: Directly from RIL.
In a separate development, Reliance Retail plans to invest Rs15bn to set up 1800 pharmacy stores across the country over the next 4 years. Reliance ADAG group is also planning to venture into Pharma and Healthcare retailing.