Some of the interesting anecdotes from the India retail summit by distinguished speakers are as follows. Do let us know what you think of the same.
1. 8 in 10 malls in India will fail
2. Create demand first not the back‐end. If demand is there everything else will take care of itself
3. Stock turns not the most important thing, customer turns also need to be looked at
4. Indians not culturally inclined to spend
5. First mover doesn’t always have an advantage. Second mover advantage exists in retail.
6. Aspirations are the same across Tier‐1 and Tier‐2 towns
7. Who will bridge the Talent shortfall ?
8. Competition could change the equation for incumbents
What say ? Agree / Disagree ?