RIL promoted, Reliance Retail Limited which slipped its Diwali launch is now expected to go live in the next 2-3 weeks. The Meswani brothers who messed up the launch plan are out and Manoj Modi is the new chief of Reliance Retail.
Relliance model is simple, embrace the Chinese. I really hope, they won’t dump the seconds from chinese markets.
Reliance Insiders have unveield the following blueprint for Reliance Retail.
- Each store to vary in size from 3,000-15,000 sft depending on the city or town. Much smaller than Pantaloon Retail India Limited’s Big Bazaar.
- Sourcing of goods from China, Thailand and Vietnam. Includes food and persihable items like fruits and vegetables as well.
- Reliance Retail has plans to launch its own COLA to compete directly with Coke and Pepsi.
- Who cares if Kishore Biyani is the master franchisee for Starbucks in India ? Reliance Retail plans to launch private label brands in other product categories like tea, foods, dairy products, biscuits and cosmetics.
- Their is lot of consumer demand and trust in private label brands which has led Reliance retail to think this way.