Finally Reliance Retail has announced its plans for Specialty retail. The company wants to enter segments of health & Wellness, Jewellery, Home Decor and Solutions, Books and Music and Apparels.
Reliance Fresh may have met with angry protesters in large corners of India. However, the company is likely to have a an ultra-smooth roll out for specialty retailing and hence the urgency to enter the market. Here is an exclusive map of the proposed new formats, store sizes and No of stores the company plans to open by 2010.
- Health and Wellness – 5,500-15,000 sft. 4,000 stores across PAN India
- Jewellery – 6,500-14,000 sft. 150 stores, project headed by Nita Ambani
- Home Decor and Solutions – 100,000-250,000 sft. 13 stores mostly in Tier-I cities
- Books & Music – 5,000 – 15,000 sft. 23 stores, Mostly in state capitals
- Reliance Mini Mart – 11,000 – 50,000 sft. 200 cities across India
- Apple iStores – 2,000 – 5,500 sft. Sell exclusive Apple products. iPods, iPhones, etc
- Apparels – 30,000-50,000 sft. 100 stores
Reliance will debut its first mini hypermarket – Reliance Mini Mart at Amritsar by the end of November. This will be followed by launch in Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Chennai. With the exception of Health & Wellness center, other stores will have a heavy mix of private labels and will account for more than 50% of the merchandise.
Reliance Health & Wellness will mainly focus on selling medicines, personal care, diet supplements and other wellness products. The first store will be opened in Hyderabad later this month. Reliance is the exclusive vendor for Apple’s products through Apple iStores in India.
Readers across the Globe, who want to cash in on the Retail Boom in India by partnering with Reliance, can register as a Supplier.