Top

Welspun’s Spaces + Welhome plan expansion

September 1, 2007


Welspun Retail Ltd, is planning expansion of its stores – Spaces Home and Beyond and Welhome. They mainly sell terry-towels and bedsheets. We expect them to add related accessories as well, maybe from different vendors.

They plan to have 300 Welhome stores by the end of 2008 and 800 by 2010. Currently they have 100 Welhome stores. Welhome is targeted at the Middle and Upper Middle Class consumers. Each Welhome store is around 1,000-2,000 sft and stocks 40% of its own brands while the rest from other vendors. 60% of the stores are franchisee owned. Contact them if you want to be a franchisee.

The company also has 30 stores of Spaces Home and Beyond. This is mainly targeted at the premium Indian consumer. Ms Goenka said,

Our presence is very strong in the west. Now we will expand aggressively in the north and souht as well. We plan to have 100 Spaces store by the end of 2010.

Surely, when Bed Bath and Beyond enters India, Welspun would have established itself as a brand.

Comments

Comments are closed.


Bottom